November 30, 2009

Raining Cats and Dogs

Oil on museum quality ampersand gessobord panel - 6" x 8"

It's that time of year when my plate is piled high with commissions from people anxious to get in that last minute Christmas portrait of their favorite four legged companion. I hesitate to post these as some are obviously meant as surprise gifts but I was assured that the wife of the commissionee of this pretty marmalade tabby doesn't look at my website (sniff). Anyway this is Jake, one of two cats belonging to my friend Earl. Look for Abbey tomorrow.

14 comments:

Diane said...

what a soulful kitty... I see it in his eyes!

Deb O said...

I am constantly amazed at your ability to convey the personalities of your subjects through the variations in expression you capture. Bravo!

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Diane.

Mark Adams said...

*blush* Thanks, Deb.

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty! The coloring is just amazing - and I'm sure you have captured it perfectly. This will be your 1st Christmas in your new home - hope you find it to be "merry and bright"!!!

Olga Wagner said...

Mark - What a prescious little kitty and what an incredible gift!

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Joanne. This Christmas promises to be a magical one albeit not without some new challenges. For instance - Sammy was deep inside the Christmas tree this morning which means no fragile ornaments this year *sigh*

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Olga. I hope they like it.

Nutty Mad said...

Oh wow, this great. I am working on a cat right now in the same pose. Love the brush work.

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Barry. This pose is ubiquitous. JJ is striking it sitting next to me by the computer.

Cynthia said...

What a sweet sweet face you captured in your work. Lovely!

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Cynthia.

Dean Grey said...

Very soft looking, Mark!

Cute!

-Dean

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Dean. As much as I like painting animals, I may have to paint some "edgy" stuff soon or I may be painting myself into a corner.