May 17, 2008

"Cujo"


Oil on Linen mounted on board - 6" x 8"

I'm not sure little guy was what Stephen King had in mind when he wrote the book.  He may be like this scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

TIM:
There he is!
ARTHUR:
Where?
TIM:
There!
ARTHUR:
What, behind the rabbit?
TIM:
It is the rabbit.
ARTHUR:
You silly sod!
TIM:
What?
ARTHUR:
You got us all worked up!
TIM:
Well, that's no ordinary rabbit!
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
TIM:
That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
ROBIN:
You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
TIM:
Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
GALAHAD:
Get stuffed!
TIM:
He'll do you up a treat, mate.
GALAHAD:
Oh, yeah?
ROBIN:
You mangy Scots git!
TIM:
I'm warning you!
ROBIN:
What's he do, nibble your bum?
TIM:
He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
ARTHUR:
Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!
BORS:
Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
TIM:
Look!
[squeak]
BORS:
Aaaugh!
TIM:
I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up!

Post note:

I have toned down the hue of this painting at the behest of it's owner.   The intense graphic natural of the original has been modified to reflect the Victorian dog portraits of the late 19th century.  I like them both - you be the judge.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo Mark how your mind wonders! LOL

Your crispy friends D & F from sunny FL.

Mark Adams said...

I wonder as you wander down yonder

kaycrain said...

Mark,
LOL. AH, yes.....Killer Rabbit. Brings back memories of when my son still lived in our house and we watched much Monty Python. (We went out to dinner last night and I commented that even if the dessert were
"Wafer thin {woffer}" I wouldn't be able to eat it!. :)
Love the name of this painting! LOL. I used to read Stephen King all the time. I actually have a twin brother, but i'm starting to think that you were swapped at birth for him!!!
The dog is great. That soft fur is extremely believable and love the graphic background.