August 10, 2016

"Mike"

 
Oil on museum quality Ampersand Gessobord panel
6" x 6"
2014

  I experimented with scale with this piece.  The painting is of Mike, the dearly departed tabby that belonged to my friend Ellen.  It is amazing how much presence this panel has for it's diminutive size.  His countenance can be felt from across the studio.

  I'm not sure why this painting of Mike popped up here as I painted him in 2014.  I was going through my blog making corrections and I guess I moved him on up.  I suppose he just wanted to be seen again.  Ironically, I have just finished a painting of a tabby.

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Vous avez magnifiquement bien capturé ce regard félin. Il y a une grande présence...
Joli travail.
Gros bisous

Mark Adams said...

Merci, Martine.