October 23, 2008

"Oyster Shell with Lemons"

Oil on museum quality, archival ampersand gessobord™ panel - 6” x 8”


I threw my back out yesterday, which put the "pain" in painting.  I stand while I work and every time I twisted from my easel to my palette, which is on a converted music stand, it was electrifying.  I guess being 55 is starting to take its toll.  I may try and paint something simple today and hold the palette in my hand.  I am riding my Harley on a 1200 mile ride down to the Florida Keys, leaving Sunday, so I want to baby my back until then.  To that end, there will be no new daily paintings from 10-25 thru 11-5. "Please don't talk about me when I'm gone."  On second thought, talk all you want.  It is better to be looked over, than overlooked.

6 comments:

Diane said...

love these icy beauties...they look delicious.. a Paris favorite! You've made the ice simmer and the lemon voluptous!

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Diane. I thought it might be time for something different.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful texture! Love the shells.
Checkin in on the new works after being down a bit myself, the flu put me on bedrest this past week since we spoke. Starting to feel more energy- and the new paintings have certain brought me a smile. I'll miss seeing new stuff while you are away celebrating Halloween, but can only imagine the wonderful eye candy you will return with at the end of those travels.
Trick or treat!

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Holly. I'll miss being at the easel, but I do love this ride through the Keys. My trusty Elph will be along (as well as my other trusty Elf, Hugh) so I hope to get some fun reference for the daily paintings.

Anonymous said...

Just got back on line to find your latest 2 paintings. Loooooved the llama and this painting makes me want to pick up some seafood. Take care and feel better. And hoist a few for me on Duval St.

Deb O

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, Deb. I'll do that and pet a six toed cat.