August 20, 2008

"The Cat's in the Bag"

Oil on museum quality, archival ampersand gessobord™ panel - 6” x 8”


I still had the notes on my palette set to paint JJ so I thought I'd add a touch of whimsey and go a bit graphic with this one.  There is a painter in New Orleans named George Rodrique who has made a handsome living painting his dog Tiffany, aka the Blue Dog.  His "Blue Dog" series is good fun and while I am not attempting to emulate him here, there is an amusing similarity. I like the fact that it is a total opposite of his (i.e. orange instead of blue, cat instead of dog).  I should paint something completely different tomorrow, JJ is getting a big head from all this attention. 

4 comments:

Diane said...

"the cat in the bag" looks to me as if he "ate the canary!"

Anonymous said...

I love both pictures of your sweet boy, JJ. Good to have you back.

Deb O

Mark Adams said...

Thanks, girls.

I am giving JJ a break from his modeling duties today, Anna is getting jealous of his fame and glory.

Jigglypuff said...

You know Jimmy has a dog named Blue if you ever wanted to go that route - hee hee!