March 10, 2008

"Loaves and Fishes - part 2"

Oil on archival, museum quality, ampersand 1/8” gessobord™ panel – 6’ x 6”

I loved these baguettes piled up like cord wood at the farmers market in Paris. The smell of fresh baked bread was intoxicating. It must be the coming of spring and Easter that made me think of pairing these paintings. I’m certain Saint Mark didn’t have this in mind as an illustration for his story of Jesus feeding thousands of his followers on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. Did they have baguettes back then? If you wish to refresh your memory on the story; today’s lesson begins in Mark 6:30-44. (Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?)


This is how I envisioned them hanging together:


But I am selling them separately, for secular reasons.
(I could use the dough...I need a few fins...bread is always good)

Thus ends the lesson for today.

4 comments:

Diane said...

all that crusty bread needs is a little Mont d'Or

Mark Adams said...

I know where to get some. Or is it all gone?

Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Mark, hello
Thanks for visiting my paintings and for your comment.
I also am a man of good cooking and I love in the mornings the "baguettes with butter and jam accompanied by strong coffee , I like the boats away, for me are only an excellent coloristic and structural contribution to the marine compositions, nothing else.
Love your paintings !!
Bon Jour
Alex

Chris Ousley said...

This makes me hungry. Very nice portrait of Uncle Bob down there. Look like a cool cat.