January 12, 2015

"Oyster Shooter"

Oil on museum quality Ampersand Gessobord panel
6" x 6"
2015

Day three of being back at the easel and the paint still feels good coming off the brush.  The key to daily painting is to not stop (duh).  I have often and often, on these pages and in my personal journals, bemoaned the dreaded artist's block and the cold start.  My goal this year is to not let that happen.  I am armed with many, many images stored away, so my quiver is full of arrows.  Hopefully most of them will hit the mark.
  
This oyster shooter was from an oyster bar in Portland Maine.  I tried not to get too fussy with the wood-grain.  I liked the way the sun played on it through the glass.  The piece has a lot of texture and I scratched and applied the highlights in the glass with the back of a brush. 

2 comments:

Margaret said...

You excel with light and liquids. Amazing.

Mark Adams said...

Thanks!