March 28, 2014

Renaissance Faerie Blowing Bubbles"


Oil on museum quality Ampersand Gessobord panel
8" x 8"
2014

I had fun with this painting of a faerie girl blowing bubbles at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.  As many of you know, I really get into the spirit when I go the the RenFest and always dress in period costume.   Indeed, it will surprise no one that I have more costumes than clothes hanging in my closet.  Sadly, most attendees to our Renaissance Fair are dressed more appropriately for a trip to the local Walmart than a trip back in time to jolly olde England in the 15th century.  It was a pleasure to remove mom in her stretch pants, pushing a stroller and dad in his Orioles tee shirt, etc., from behind this model.  The background certainly gives her a more celestial countenance.

1 comment:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Very enchanting, lovely composition! Good choice removing the Walmart shoppers. LOL.